注册 登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

江边观景

书写零零散散的日子。

 
 
 

日志

 
 

Sally in Our Alley 我们巷子里的萨利  

2014-05-19 20:45:50|  分类: 英语诗歌翻译 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |

---by Henry Carey

OF all the girls that are so smart         我见过所有那些好看的姑娘
There's none like pretty Sally;              没有一个长的有萨利漂亮;
She is the darling of my heart,             她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿,
And she lives in our alley.                     就住在我们巷子里。
There is no lady in the land                   地球上没有一位女郎
Is half so sweet as Sally;                       能有萨利的一半甜美;
She is the darling of my heart,              她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿,
And she lives in our alley.                     就住在我们巷子里。

 

Her father he makes cabbage-nets,      她爸爸他老人家编制菜网,
And through the streets does cry 'em;   还高声叫卖走街串巷

Her mother she sells laces long               她的妈妈卖蕾丝花边时间很长

To such as please to buy 'em:                  卖给喜欢买花边的那些媳妇婆娘;
But sure such folks could ne'er beget      我敢说这些人永远生不出女孩
So sweet a girl as Sally;                            能和萨利一样甜美漂亮
She is the darling of my heart,                   她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿,
And she lives in our alley.                           就住在我们巷子里。

 

When she is by, I leave my work,            每当她靠近我,我就停止劳作,
I love her so sincerely;                              我是如此真心爱她;
My master comes like any Turk,              我的主人过来暴跳如雷,
And bangs me most severely:                  梆梆梆给我一顿好打;

But let him bang his bellyful,                      让他打吧让他一次打个够
I'll bear it all for Sally;                                  为了萨利一切我都能忍受
She is the darling of my heart,                  她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿,
And she lives in our alley.                           就住在我们巷子里。

 

Of all the days that's in the week              一周里所有的那些日子
I dearly love but one day,                           只有一天我最最喜欢,

And that's the day that comes betwixt       那一天的到来在两天之间
A Saturday and Monday;                            星期六之后星期一之前
For then I'm drest all in my best                  因为那天我会穿着我最好的衣服
To walk abroad with Sally;                         和萨利一起到外边去散步;
She is the darling of my heart,                   她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿,
And she lives in our alley.                           就住在我们巷子里。

 

My master carries me to church,              主人总是拖着我去教堂,
And often am I blamed                              还经常把我责备
Because I leave him in the lurch               因为我会溜之大吉
As soon as text is named;                         刚一听到当天的讲题;
I leave the church in sermon-time             我离开教堂在布道时间
And slink away to Sally;                             一溜烟跑去找萨利;
She is the darling of my heart,                 她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿

And she lives in our alley.                          就住在我们巷子里。

 

When Christmas comes about again     当圣诞节再次到来的那天
O then I shall have money;                        哦,那时我就会有一点钱;
I'll hoard it up, and box it all,                      我要把它积攒起来,统统放到盒子里面,
I'll give it to my honey.                                送给我那心上的可人。
I would it were ten thousand pound,        真希望我有一万英镑,
I'd give it all to Sally;                                  我一分不留都给萨利;
She is the darling of my heart,                 她是我心中亲爱的宝贝儿,
And she lives in our alley.                         就住在我们巷子里。

 

My master and the neighbours all           我的主人以及我的所有邻居
Make game of me and Sally,                  一直 嘲弄我和我的萨利,
And, but for her, I'd better be                   若不是为了她,我倒愿意
A slave and row a galley;                         上船划桨当个奴隶;
But when my seven long years are out   等我捱过这漫长的七年工期
O then I'll marry Sally,—                            哦,那时我就要迎娶萨利,——             
O then we'll wed, and then we'll bed,       哦,那时我们便会缔结姻缘,那时我们就要生儿育女,
But not in our alley!                                    但不会住在我们巷子里!

Sally in Our Alley 我们巷子里的萨利 - 江边观景 - 江边观景

 

  评论这张
 
阅读(57)| 评论(7)
推荐 转载

历史上的今天

在LOFTER的更多文章

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2017